Welcome to GIG
The institute for gender equality research is a private company based in Berlin, Germany. We offer applied research, evaluation and consultation.
Please note: GIG is currently not acquiring any new assignments.
Selection of reference projects:
- Consultant for UN Women: System-wide Guide on Gender Marker systems; Study on results for Gender Equality from UN-SWAP 2.0 (System Wide Action Plan) reports (2019 to 2022)
- Study for The German Environmental Agency of the Federal Government (UBA) on research funding and project funding for environmental agencies (2021/2022)
- Gender Impact Assessment of measures taken by the German Federal Government to overcome the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic for the Institute of Economic and Social Research (2021)
- External evaluator of FAIR SHARE of Women Leaders e.V. (2020-2022)
- From 2015 to 2020 Regina Frey held the position of Head of the Agency for the Second and Third Gender Equality Reports of the Federal German Government.
- Creation of a gender mainstreaming online module on „Institutional Transformation" for the European Institute for Gender Equality, EIGE (together with Dr. Irene Pimminger, defacto research), August to December 2014
- Paper on „Gender Responsive Budgeting, Participation and Transparency: Tensions or Synergies?" at the International Conference at the Vienna University of Economics and Business on „Gender Responsive Budgeting: Theory and Practice in Perspective", November 2014
- Country expert on Germany in a seminar held by the European Commission in Vienna on tools to increase the recognition of the gender dimension in budgets as well as legislation and policy assessment, June 2014.
- Evaluation of the Gender Responsive Budgets Project in Penang, Malaysia, November 2013
- „Processes of Implementation in Germany: Examples and Reflections on Impact Monitoring by Gender Budgeting". Presentation for the Council of Europe Conference on „State Budgets: A Key Factor in real Equality between Women and Men", May 2009, Athens.
- „Paradoxes of Gender Budgeting." Presentation for the First International Conference on Gender Responsive Budgeting and Social Justice in Vilnius, January 2008.
- Working aid for the implementation of Gender Budgeting for the Federal Chancellery of Austria (2007) (together with M. Koehnen)
- Process Evaluation of the research project – Ethical Decisions in Retirement and Nursing Homes, Klagenfurt University, Faculty for Interdisciplinary Research and Further Education (Vienna), funded by the Austrian Ministry of Science and Research (2007)
- Study for the Austrian Federal Ministry for Research and Science: Gender Budgeting in five research programmes (2006/2007)
- Process consultancy for the Chamber of Labour Bremen, Germany (2005/2006)
- Process consultancy for the implementation of Gender Mainstreaming and Gender Budgeting in the areas of employee appraisal and public relations in the Berlin Senate Justice Department (2005/2006)
- EU-Phare Twinning Project Development of Administrative Capacity of National Authorities in the Field of Gender Mainstreaming in Estonia
- Evaluation of the Gender-Strategy of the GTZ (2005), support for shaping the new gender strategy
- Gender-Audit with integrated advanced training for the German Institute for Human Rights (2003 and 2006)